Sedov Maksim Sergeevich, Postgraduate student, assistant, sub-department of mathematics and modeling, Petersburg State Transport University (9 Moskovsky avenue, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), email@example.com
Sokolov Nikolay Evgen'evich, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of mathematics and modeling, Petersburg State Transport University (9 Moskovsky avenue, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Sokolova Ekaterina Vasilyevna, Postgraduate student, leading expert of the Center of high proficiency personnel training, Saint-Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (67 Bolshaya Morskaya street, Saint-Petersburg, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Many higher education institutions widely use tests in the educational process. Some higher education institutions conduct blank form testing. Some scientists consider that computer testing distorts such characteristics of tests as validity and reliability. They don't recognize results of such testing adequate. The aim of this research is to check a hypothesis that pedagogical computer testing doesn’t distort results.
Materials and methods. In order to check the hypothesis the authors carried out an experiment, the methodology of which had been developed in accordance of experiments optimal planning methods, and is described in the article in detail. The experiment was conducted in three higher education institutions, in 15 educational groups, 257 students took part in it. The experiment was carried out among students of 1–4 courses majoring in “Applied Informatics”, “Business informatics” and “Management”.
Results. The data obtained during the experiment were processed by statistical methods and interpreted to check of the research hypothesis validity.
Conclusions. The conducted research has confirmed the hypothesis that the computer form of testing doesn't bring negative distortions in results of knowledge assessment of students studying at economic and technical programs.
1. Karpukhin N. V., Karpova T. S., Rypin B. I., Sokolov N. E., Strigun A. I., Tazetdinov A. D. Elektronnoe obuchenie (organizatsiya, metodika, tekhnologiya i praktika primeneniya v MBI): monogr. [Electronic education (organization, methods, technology and practice of MBI application): monograph]. Saint-Petersburg: Izd-vo ANO VPO «Mezhdunarodnyy bankovskiy institut», 2008.
2. Kalyazina D. M., Sokolov N. E., Fedorova A. E. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Gumanitarnye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2014, no. 4 (32), pp. 211–218.
3. Sokolov N. E. Aktual'nye problemy ekonomiki i novye tekhnologii prepodavaniya (Smirnovskie chteniya): sb. tr. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Topical problems of economics and new teaching technologies (Smirnovskie reading)]. ANO VPO «Mezhdunarodnyy bankovskiy institut». Saint-Petersburg: MBI, 2012, pp. 100–102.
4. Semenov S. P., Seregin V. D., Tatarintsev P. B. Vestnik Yugorskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Yugra State University]. 2011, no. 3 (22), pp. 31–44.
5. Makhov A. M., Sokolov N. E. Razrabotka i ispol'zovanie testovykh zadaniy: metod. rekomendatsii dlya prepodavateley [Development and usage of tests: methodological recommendations for teachers]. Saint-Petersburg: Izd-vo SPbGUP, 2002, 24 p.
6. Abramyan G. V., Katasonova G. R. Fundamental'nye issledovaniya [Fundamental research]. 2014, no. 8 (7), pp. 1647–1652.
7. Lukavyy A. P., Sokolov N. E., Elovikov A. B. Modelirovanie biznes-protsessov [Business process modeling]. Saint-Petersburg: Skifiya-Print, 2014.
8. Sokolov N. E., Kokunov V. A. Metodologiya i tekhnologiya proektirovaniya informatsionnykh sistem [Information system design methods and technology]. Saint-Petersburg: Skifiya-Print, 2014.
9. Sokolov N. E., Kokunov V. A., Solonenko S. V. Arkhitektura predpriyatiya [Enterprise structure]. Saint-Petersburg: Skifiya-Print, 2014.
10. Karpukhin N. V., Rypin B. I., Sokolov N. E., Strigun A. I. Metodicheskie materialy po razrabotke elementov elektronnogo uchebno-metodicheskogo kompleksa [Methodological materials on electronic educational complex’ elements development]. Saint-Petersburg:MBI, 2006.
11. Sokolov N. E. Metodika komp'yuternogo adaptivnogo testovogo kontrolya znaniy uchashchikhsya (v kurse informatiki): dis. kand. ped. nauk [Student knowledge computer adaptive testing methods: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of pedagogical sciences]. Saint-Petersburg, 2000.